Thursday 15 August 2013

Audio Slave: Under the Covers



I think I should stop listening to Dia Frampton and Ed Sheeran cover other people's songs because at this rate I'm going to stop listening to other musicians entirely! This whole week all I've been doing is listening to many of my favourite songs covered by them.



Dia Frampton even covers R. Kelly's Remix to Ignition with her band, Meg & Dia, and it sounds super cool. The first time I heard her Dia was performing Kanye West's Heartless and that just won me over entirely. I wanted to marry her and raise 2.5 children and a dog with her right there and there. Well she was way over there in the US and I was over here in SA but still, we could've made it work.



Ed Sheeran is just amazing! I love his music. I'm about that life entirely. I listened to his cover of Bon Iver's Skinny Love and dug it with two spades. Then he also just goes and kills Rihanna's We Found Love. It's also cool that he reminds me of one of my best friends, Chris McWade.



Dia and Ed can sing all the songs in the world and I'll be okay with that.

No comments: