Wednesday 20 February 2008

The Purge


The Purge

My goodbuddy, Dean, and I have this crazy running joke, that I half suspect is not a joke at times, about me kidnapping people and keeping them in my cupboard because they're just so charming, funny or cute. As a result my imaginary cupboard is full of people who I can't remember why I liked in the first place. If you've ever wanted a pet as a small child your parents probably gave you a long lecture on what a big responsibility it is to keep a pet. I'm the kid who forgot to feed and water his pets – or in my case cupboard people. I have all these people in my life I've anchored certain emotions to and as a result I find myself worrying about a string of people who wouldn't save me if I was drowning in a puddle in the street. This is very taxing on my emotions as you can imagine. Thus with the aid of super thick Domestos toilet cleaner I'm ridding my cupboard of all these nasty skeletons in my life. I'm taking a leaf from Lupe Fiasco and I'm just going through life like “kick, push ... kick, push...”.

Just letting go is such a wonderful feeling. Go ahead and give it a bash.

No comments: