Friday 12 August 2011

Cupboard Person of the Week



“What could I possibly be suggesting? I mean, a young woman gets rescued by a dashing commander who lets her join his crew and then goes off to save the galaxy? How could she possibly develop any kind of interest in him?”
- Tali

There's something about a girl who is shy, has beautifully curved hips that sway in a mesmerising manner when she walks, wields a shotgun with deadly accuracy and has an affinity for spaceships that makes my heart flutter. The fact that she's an alien and you never get to see her face just makes her so much more mysterious.

I'm referring, of course, to the oh-so lovely Tali'Zorah nar Rayya from the Mass Effect series of video games. She is the sweetest mechanical genius that you could ever hope to meet... with the exception of Firefly's Kaylee perhaps.

I just couldn't help falling in love with her during my countless playthroughs of the two Mass Effect games. I want to marry her and have strange babies with her.

No comments: