Thursday 15 March 2012

Letters to God #1


Pieces of Letters God


Dear God,

Hello there, it's me, Charlie, You know, that guy who never really calls. Well, I'm in the mood to talk with You today - it's raining outside and that might have something to do with my sombre mood. I'm awfully worried about my life of late, my days have been broken and I need some help in fixing them, I really do. I'm sorry that I'm that guy who only talks to You when I'm down and need Your help. I try harder each day to do better and be better.

Your mission, should You choose to accept it, is to send me some inspiration in a bottle. You, know so I can put it on a shelf and use a drop on days like these, when my brain and body don't feel the urge to actively participate in the happenings of daily living.

There is so much that I need to be doing and I seem to lack the energy and enthusiasm of youth. I need to make Jo'burg libraries realise that they need me on-board with their Big Five literacy programmes, no one else can do it better than me. I need to convince NAG that I should be writing for them and that my whimsical style will fit in perfectly with their style. Big G, I need loads of inspiration to actually get things done - all the big plans I have and whatnot. I'm such a lazy guy and it's not good for my health. So please just drop me a vial of that inspiration elixir tonight. That would be nice.

"...they need me on-board with their Big Five literacy programmes" 

Anyhoo, enough about me and my somewhat tedious life (loads of its aspects are really nice though), how are You? What with having to deal with the running of the multiverse and listening to all the sentient beings you created complain about one thing or another. I was watching some Supernatural (great show that) and watching Castiel run around trying to be You was fun, he's got badassery down (yes, Thato, it's still a real made-up word) for a usually mild-mannered guy in a trench coat. I know this is not the sort of thing You usually do but could You please send me that bottled inspiration in the pocket of a Castiel  trench coat. I'm kidding... Or not if you're really going to do it.

"...please send me that bottled inspiration in the pocket of a Castiel trench coat"

Tell me, what's the deal with cockroaches? You made so many of them! I just don't get it, they annoy everyone. You made lots of ants and I get that, those little guys are super useful and they work very hard to do whatever it is that they do. I just don't get cockroaches though; they make no sense to me.

Okay, I should get going now. I'll write You more, I promise. It's always cool chatting with You and picking Your brain. Have a good day. Goodbye.

I love You.

No comments: