Friday 11 January 2008

Prince Caspian Movie


As you might have gathered by now, I'm an avid C.S. Lewis fan. I read The Chronicles of Narnia as a junior in High School and that was that - little did I know that I was playing with fire back then. In my first year of varsity, I stumbled upon The Screwtape Letters and that's when I came to know Lewis as an English professor and the greatest Christian writer I have read thus far. Lewis' books on Christianity are the USN to my spiritual growth and I recommend all of them to any Christian who wishes to gain more insight into their religion. If you are uncertain about what you think about God and you are not sure why you should bother with Him, Lewis' books are definitely for you.

A few days ago I was discussing the Narnia books with my good friend, Dean and we talked about the deeper allegorical meaning behind the seemingly innocent children's stories. It's wonderful how much you learn about Christ reading these stories as an adult. The Prince Caspian trailer is out and I'm very excited about seeing the full-length feature. Many people I know didn't think too highly of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe movie but I loved it and if the trailer can be trusted Prince Caspian looks like it's going to be thrice as good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey charlie, we should all go and watch this together entmoot style. I missed the lion, witch and wardrobe but I want to give this a whirl.

Charles Siboto said...

Entmoot style you say? That sounds pretty cool goodbuddy. We'll make a day of it ^_^