Tuesday 27 May 2008

The Kindness of Strangers


It's dead refreshing to meet people who show simple kindness to other people. I refer to such individuals as Happy People (not very imaginative am I) because they always seem to be in a state of bliss and even when they are feeling blue they manage to muster a radiant smile. What I find interesting is that the majority of these Happy People that I run into are women, most men I run into are a rather dull bunch who seem to have nothing interesting happening in their lives. Don't get me wrong here, there are many jovial dudes on the planet and many girls who are puddleglums but it seems that girls are generally (my mom says generalising is bad!) happier. Most of the girls I attend class with are jovial people with a wide range of interests such as learning new languages and travelling (many of them have been to the USA, Europe and one girl went to Israel last year). The guys I meet on campus all seem to have one thing in common; they all are primarily interested in girls. If they happen to do something vaguely interesting like playing tennis with golf sticks it's with the aim of attracting girls. I love girls and some of them are even ridiculously attractive but it's pretty cool doing something other than chasing after them sometimes (says the single guy). That little observation aside, I notice that the puddlglums of this world are always getting irritated by people who are happier than they are because they are dead focused on spreading the glumness. They tend to be of the opinion that happy people are not aware of reality. I'm aware that the world we live in is scary and I'm not going to add to that by being glum. To all the people out there that are extending a kind hand to others, much love.

P.S. Be kind to other people and you will be happier!

P.P.S. Check these people out http://www.sohp.com/
The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make heaven of Hell, and a hell of Heaven. - John Milton

No comments: