Tuesday 27 May 2008

Old School Gaming Nostalgia


My goodbuddies are six feet deep into the PlayStation emulation scene (Lex Luth is deep into all sorts of emulation when it comes to video games...) and they got Tekken 3 for me which I remember playing in shady shops where even shadier people would stand around the arcade machines smoking what I presume were cigarettes, waiting to prey on some young victim to put in his hard-earned money (by which I really mean his mother's hard-earned money) into the machine so they can challenge him and kick his behind with Paul (everyone plays with Paul!). With some practice I became fairly good (with Hwoarang I might add) and I could hold my own against those buggers but then they'd simply intimidate me by flashing a knife and telling me to stop pushing buttons. Naturally I'd throw the match and walk away with what little dignity I had left.


A friend of a friend was playing Tekken 3 last night and my goodness! He still remembers all those peoples' combos. He totally owned the scene and now I'm determined to practice until I utterly defeat him! Mwahahaha, mwahahaha, mwahahaha ... *cough, cough*.


P.S. Yoshimitsu reminds me of Mayuri Kurotsuchi from Bleach....

No comments: