Wednesday 19 March 2008

The Children of Hurin


Wow! This is just amazing. I walked into a bookshop yesterday to get some varsity textbooks when I spotted this little gem and I just had to get it. I don't know if any of you have noticed but I'm a huge admirer of Professor Tolkien's work. This book was released last year (and no one told me!) by JRR Tolkien's son, Christopher Tolkien who put the tale together from his father's manuscripts. Christopher is the guy who edited and oversaw all the posthumous publications (like The Silmarillion) of his father's work and he's always true to Professor Tolkien's aims and thus I think this book's going to be awesome. My reading list looks daunting though, I still have to finish reading Floating Dragon, start Stephen King and Peter Straub's Black House, Dean Koontz' The Good Guy and other stuff I can't remember now. There's also varsity work to be done but at least I have two weeks of holiday coming up. Hopefully I'll be able to tell you guys if the book is as epic as it looks set to be in about a month. I'm really excited. The artwork looks amazing. Google tells me that the artist, Allan Lee, also did some cool stuff for The Lord of the Rings.



No comments: